Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's Like a Sea Without a Shore . . .

Please don't mistake this for some type of music review . . . I'm not attempting to critique an album here.  However, over the past 24 hrs as I have been absorbing and thoroughly enjoying the newest ( and sadly final ) effort from the David Crowder Band called "Give Us Rest," a variety of tracks have been jumping out at me, kicking my tail and bringing me to my knees ( including the similarly named #7) in worship.
There is a TON of great music here, but one track in particular that just got my attention a few minutes ago is named "Sometimes" and here are some of the lyrics that have grabbed me and blown me away: "sometimes every one of us feels / like we'll never be healed // sometimes every one of us aches / like we'll never be saved . . . it's Your love that we adore, it's like a sea without a shore . . . don't be afraid, just set your sail and risk the ocean, there's only grace."
When I finally really "heard" it after listening to it a few times, it automatically made me think of the way that God's IMMEASURABLE and UNENDING love for us is described in Romans 8:38-39 . . . "for I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Here's a great reminder for all of us when we feel beaten up, beaten down, discouraged or unlovable:  God's love for us is real and it never changes . . . it's offered to us to be accepted & treasured . . . it's pure . . . it's faithful . . . and it's like a sea without a shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment